Tuesday, March 2, 2010

wallpaper decals.



I decided to read some blogs to get the idea on how this blogging thing is done. I came across this blog which brought me to another page, which took me to another place which took me to the Apartment Therapy website (click here)

I don't know how to insert a section of someone's blog page into my blog (maybe someone out there can teach me how - hint hint). However, I figured out how to hyperlink words like the "click here" above and how to insert an image from the internet (the image you see above from the Apartment Therapy website). Oh and I figured out how to change text color - GO ME!

The use of wallpaper as wall appliques is a very clever idea!

I hope that I'm not breaking some blog protocol here by suggesting an alternative method. If I am, I apologize, I don't know all the rules yet.

Over the weekend I decided to go to my local craft store, out of sheer boredom. I roamed the isles with no thought in mind and I came across scrapbook paper (some of these papers are beautiful). Of course, I picked up a few that I thought were pretty. I don't know why? It's not like I scrapbook but they were cute. I figure, I'll think of something. So, here's my thought. Why not take this idea of using vintage wallpaper and use scrapbook paper instead. At 75 to 99 cents a sheet, it's definitely affordable. Instead of tacky glue, I would probably use low tack spray adhesive (the paper's back will be similar to that of a post it note). Slap it on the wall and you're done! If you tire of the appliqué, all you have to do is peel it off and toss it! How simple is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment